[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Every ecommerce store owner should know the importance of marketing and developing a strong presence online. From creating an appealing Shopify online store, to building strong campaigns, to email marketing and more, there are many ways you can enhance your online presence and win over customers. One of the things that many Shopify online store owners are lacking, though, is a blog section. Unfortunately, this is a common missed opportunity that many people do not realize–especially given the fact that many different types of sellers are not overly saturated with high quality and engaging content.
If you are looking for ways to enhance your presence and become an authoritative seller in your niche, then this blog will explain the importance of adding blogs to your Shopify store and how it can benefit your business.
How Can Blogging Benefit My Business?
When done efficiently, a blogging strategy can certainly benefit your business in many ways. It can help and nurture your relationship with customers, generate recurring traffic, and provide a way to promote your products or services. Another great thing about blogging is that you have plenty of room for creativity, meaning there are many different approaches you can take. Perhaps you prefer a storytelling approach, or you may want to provide helpful tips related to your niche, among many other approaches that you can take. As a business owner, you want people to look forward to your blog posts, as they will look to you for quality and engaging content related to your specific niche.
What Should Blogs Do?
There are many different things that blogs should do, such as:
- Add value: Every blog that is on your Shopify website should add value in some way so that your target audience will want to read and will continue to look forward to reading. Whether it’s through educating, entertaining, sharing news, or a mix of all three–when done efficiently, these can add great value to your blog and online presence as a whole.
- Set clear goals: Another thing to consider is, what are you trying to get out of blogging? Preferably, you will want to bring in readers from social media and different search engines, which will lead to establishing a relationship with your audience, ultimately resulting in sales.
- Add onto your brand: Blogs can help your brand in a number of ways, including establishing it. Blogs allow you to establish your voice through storytelling, allowing you to connect with your audience and stand out from the rest in your niche.
- Consistency is key: One of the many things that Shopify store owners struggle with is the fact that they aren’t consistent when it comes to blogging. Perhaps you are only able to put out one blog per month–and while that is fine, you should set a goal to hit the one blog per month goal consistently.
What Your Blog Should Not Do
- Don’t oversell your products on the blogs
Oftentimes, people tend to oversell their products on their blogs. This is a problem because people come to the blogs to read high quality and engaging content. If they wanted more information about your products, then they would just head over to the product pages themselves. Keep in mind, though, that you can still direct your visitors to the product pages through linking without overselling.
- Blogs shouldn’t just be comprised of images
Even if your product is highly-sought after, you never want to flood a blog with just images. Blogs are meant to create a storytelling aspect that is meant to engage and establish context, therefore, high quality written content is always important.
- Your blog shouldn’t be disorganized or random
While blogging allows you to be creative using different approaches, (educating, entertaining, sharing news, or a combination of all three) it is important that everything fits under one umbrella. This means that all of your blogs should still feel connected to your products or services that you offer.
About Mad Mind Studios
At Mad Mind Studios, our team specializes in creating and maintaining our clients’ ecommerce Shopify website in Los Angeles. If you are seeking a team of professionals who can provide you with the help to make your Shopify website thrive, whether it’s through web design, blogging, branding, or the like, we are here to help. Contact us today to speak to a specialist at our Shopify web design company for optimization in Los Angeles.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]