Why You Need Custom Content on Your Website
madmindstudios - July 8, 2022 - 0 comments
Bill Gates nailed it when he said, “Content is king!” Custom content on your website is one of the most powerful tools you possess as a business owner. Not just any content will do though. It must be creatively woven and expertly executed to maximize your marketing potential.
The internet is a busy place. You must stand out from all the noise and clutter. By providing custom content to your readers, you’ll have a cutting-edge against your competition.
Key Features of Creative Custom Content
Custom content is designed to be unique. If you simply copy from other sites, it will show, and your business will suffer for it. Successful content marketing requires custom content that is fresh and valuable so you can build a reputation and relationship with your customers. You want to offer them an experience from visiting your site. That is their reward for spending their time viewing it. Don’t disappoint the expectations of your readers. Always deliver more than is expected.
Achieving Your Goals with Custom Content
Custom content goes beyond the capability of creative content to bring personality and a voice to your brand. It’s not just what you say but how you say it that makes your content speak to readers in a personal way. When you attain that with the written word on your site and expertly compliment it with high-quality, imaginative graphics and images, psychologically effective color schemes, the perfect font and page balancing, you’ve arrived.
Some of the best ways to create outstanding custom content are to implement:
- Establish and reinforce brand identity. Reinforce your brand’s story every chance you get. Use the same color palette, font, and graphic style across the board. People love consistency so be sure you establish a clear and concise brand identity.
- Provides visibility. Custom content on your site gives you a place to direct traffic from your social media sites and posts. Your website is your homebase so be sure your content is customized accordingly.
- Position yourself as an expert in your industry. Your custom content will set you apart. You will become the authority in your field when you deliver new, relevant information that keeps your readers coming back for more.
- Entertain and retain. Who wants to look at a boring site? No one. You want to entertain your readers with custom content that goes above and beyond. Even if your site is 100% serious in nature, you can have written content that tells the story in a way that captivates your reader. If you have a site that’s lighthearted, clever, or funny – the sky is the limit to the entertainment you can provide. Once you are entertaining, you’ll accomplish the goal of retaining.
- Captivate attention. To stand out from the other sites, you’ve got to be good. Your custom content is a reflection of how much you are willing to give your users in order to attract their attention.
- Hold the reader’s interest. The key is not just to capture the user’s attention but to hold it. If you begin a piece of written content with a shocking headline, follow up with a stunning first sentence hook then deliver everything you’ve promised you would.
- Communicate the value of your brand. The content on your website should tell the reader that your brand is worth their time. It is valuable. In graphics, images, and in your written text, be sure to set your brand up to succeed.
- Inform and engage. If you effectively provide custom content, your audience will want to know more. Be sure you give them information that is new, fresh, relatable, and true. Engage them by making them feel like they are a part of your website because…they are.
- Identify your voice. When creating custom content, you want to do so in a way that speaks the message of your story. Your website is a stage to tastefully deliver your message using the voice that makes your brand unique.
- Involve your reader. There are a multitude of ways to involve your reader on your website through custom content. Conduct polls. Have a question-and-answer section. Invite your audience to participate by sharing their own personal story. Involve your reader and you’ll notice a huge difference in the response you get.
- Drive results. The ultimate goal of having custom creative content on your website is to drive results. If you sell a product, you want your reader to buy it. If you advocate a cause, you want to encourage support. All of your custom content should have the end goal in mind of driving results.
Taking Your Custom Content a Step Farther
To completely attain greatness online, it’s important to take advantage of all that is available to you.
Search rankings allow your site to be discovered by users who know nothing about you. Through a highly technical process, search engines such as Google decipher what your business knows and rates it accordingly. The payoff for delivering a regular stream of custom content is that you’ll come up higher in the search engine, earning you a top spot when a search on your custom content subject is searched.
Keywording is the use of strategically placed words or phrases that are commonly searched for. Content should always be designed to reflect your keywording to make it relevant. Highlighting keywords throughout your custom content is ideal so search engines make a connection between your site and the keywords you are wanting to rank for.
Internal links. Unique content gives credibility that search engines use to rank your site and the information provided on your site. They also give you a chance to direct your readers to other pages, articles, blogs, and so forth so they can get additional information on the subject.
Call to action. Never miss a chance to give your readers the opportunity to “call now” or “check out our specials”. A call to action can be simply wording at the end of an article or blog or it can be a clickable box, button, or link to direct your audience to a spot they can take further action to buy, sign up for a newsletter, call, or whatever it is you are wanting them to take action on.
Creating Custom Content
Custom content is completely unique to your company. It is your chance to show your customer what you’ve got. If you would like professional help in designing your site, check out Mad Mind Studios where you’ll find a highly experienced and extremely talented team to optimize and customize website content.