Why Pursue a Website Redesign Project? Balancing Costs, Benefits, and Effects
madmindstudios - September 5, 2022 - 0 comments
Your website is one of the most important marketing tools you’ll ever have because that’s where it all happens. From giving an amazing first impression and establishing your brand identity to driving dynamic end results, your website can make or break you. If yours isn’t measuring up, it’s time to redesign it because you’re clearly missing out if you don’t.
How Do I Know if it’s Time to Redesign My Site?
There’s something about a freshly designed website that makes it jump off the page and speak to users. Sadly, over time, the newness wears off and websites become outdated. Before you panic though, bear in mind that a website redesign doesn’t have to cost a fortune and if it’s done right, what money you do invest will come back to you in return.
To determine if you are in need of a website makeover, ask yourself the following questions:
- Is my site attracting new visitors?
- Is my site engaging users?
- Does my site have vivid graphics and eye-catching videos?
- Is the content on my site relative, informative, and/or entertaining?
- Is my brand consistently represented on my site?
- Am I reaching my end result goals on my site?
If you answered ‘no’ to any (or all) of the questions, your site is no longer working for you so it certainly isn’t working for those who visit your site. It’s time for a site change.
How to Approach a Website Redesign
If you aren’t sure how to go about a website renovation, don’t worry. Unless you are a professional web designer, you aren’t expected to know. The best approach is to do what you are comfortable with and leave the rest to an expert web designer.
Regardless of who does the work, you or an expert, some important steps to take are:
- Set a Goal. Without a clear-cut goal for your site change, you’ll most likely miss the mark. By determining the reason or reasons your site needs to be redesigned, you’ll be able to figure out what your goal should entail. If your visitors are not engaging, your goal may be to add better content, high quality graphics and videos, and whatever else you feel will encourage them to interact with your site. If sales are at a stand-still, your goal may be to entice buyers through incentives and additional information about your service or product. You may even want to set several goals if your site needs an overhaul.
- Establish Your Brand Identity. Your brand identity is the personality of your company. It is what you’re known for. If your brand has lost its identity along the way, it’s time to re-establish it and if it never had one, it’s time to get one. Brand identity includes the logo, color scheme, font styles and sizes, and overall voice of your brand.
- Evaluate Performance. By analyzing your site’s performance, you’ll get a better ideal of what requirements are needed in order to make it outstanding. Perhaps you are getting visitors and engagement but no successful end results, you’ll want to focus on transitioning viewer interaction into sales. Chances are some of your site is up to par but other aspects of it need to be revived or changed entirely. If you have access to metrics, you’ll be able to run the numbers to figure out where your site is shining and where it is malfunctioning.
- Know Your Audience. Whether you are a performer, a musician, or a website owner, knowing your target audience is a must. That way, you can cater to what they want to experience on your site. Do they want more information? Are they needing to be nudged? Maybe they want to be acknowledged and seek to feel they are more a part of the site. Whatever it is they want, give it to them.
- Check Out Your Competition. What are your competitors doing that is working for them? Pay close attention to every part of their site and implement those elements to your own site in your own original way. There are even tool that will divulge the intricate details about sites, such as Ahrefs and SEMrush.
- Utilize New Tools. It’s easy to grow stagnant. If you aren’t a techie, you may not even be aware of the new tools that are available for you to use on your site. Those who aren’t moving ahead are falling behind so be sure your revived website includes all the new and exciting tools – like animated logos – that are being implemented on other websites.
- Be Educated. As your site is being improved, be aware of the changes so you can carry through with new angles. If fresh content is part of the plan, you’ll need to keep it flowing. If videos are being added, you’ll want to update them from time to time. Find out the channels to go through to ensure your site never gets stale in the future by forward-thinking and forward-planning.
- Keep it Upbeat. Your website redesign should be like revamping your home. Don’t lose sight on the upside. The point of redesigning your existing site is to perfect it and to enjoy doing so. Rejuvenation what you already have on your site is easier than the initial design so there’s more room for creativity.
- Hire an Expert. Unless you are an expert at all the phases of the site changes, you’ll need a little (or a lot) of help. You don’t have to be a web developer, web developer, coder, content writer, and marketer to redesign your site. You just need to hire a team who is.
Mad Mind Studios Website Redesign
If you are looking for an expert agency to complete your website redesign, you’ve come to the right place. Mad Mind Studios consists of a talented team that can take your brand to the next level. We take boring, stagnant sites and bring them to life. You can find verified reviews from our clients using Google and Yelp accounts. Contact us today and find out what we can do for you.