No matter what type of business you’re in, a great website is absolutely essential to your company’s success. As a web design and digital marketing agency, our team knows what it takes to build a well-designed and engaging business website. With years of experience providing exceptional services for small businesses in a wide range of industries, our team is here to help provide you with some helpful tips to building a successful business website.
1. Choose a good domain name
Your domain name, otherwise known as your website’s URL address, is where visitors will enter your website. When it comes to choosing a good domain name for your website, there are some very important things to do, including:
- Keep it as short and simple as possible: Keeping your domain name short and simple will help it be more memorable and easy to type out.
- Avoid hyphens and numbers: Word-only domain names are far more elegant and concise. Therefore, avoid hyphens or numbers, as it can also make it difficult to remember.
- Choose a proper domain extension: It is important to choose the proper domain extension, such as .com, as opposed to other domain extensions like .net, .co, and others–unless it is necessary, of course.
- Research the domain name: Be sure to do your research using Google and check to make sure that there are not any sites similar to your domain name. This can cause a great deal of confusion and a potential loss in leads. Additionally, it’s a good idea to check USPTO.gov to make sure that your name does not have any existing trademarks.
2. Find a secure hosting website with good tech support
A website host offers services and the technology necessary to make your website viewable on the internet. Be sure to find a secure hosting website that is also scalable and offers great tech support whenever you need it. Hosting websites can cost as little as a couple of bucks or hundreds of dollars depending on the type of technology and support you need. GoDaddy, WordPress, BlueHost, and many others are some great hosting websites to look into.
3. Make sure to display a clear description of your business
When it comes to creating a website, it is very important to provide a prominent and clear description of your business so when visitors go to your website, they can immediately (and easily) understand the services or products that you are offering. For example, visual representations on your homepage banner, along with other elements relative to your business should be clearly displayed on your homepage and throughout your website. Additionally, be sure to include “About Us” links in the header and footer, along with ‘Services’ dropdown tabs.
4. Choose the best ecommerce platform suitable for your business
When selling goods or services on your website, it is essential to have the right technology when doing so. This will allow your customers to make secure transactions through your website easily. Some examples of e-commerce platforms include Shopify, WooCommerce, Wix, and more.
5. Create a memorable and engaging website interface
Another important tip for creating a successful business website is to ensure that the website’s interface is memorable and engaging. You want to be sure to leave a lasting impression for visitors by adding nice-looking graphics, engaging copy, incorporating call-to-actions, intuitive navigation systems, and website pages. But also, you will want it to be user-friendly and easy to navigate. Here are some examples of tabs that you should have readily available for your visitors:
- About Us
- Contact us
- Any additional pages relevant to your business
If you are searching for a skilled and experienced website design agency in Los Angeles that can provide you with a beautiful and optimized website, our team can help every step of the way. Contact our team to learn how we can provide you with help you need to ensure that you are getting the most out of your website.