With mere seconds to engage viewers online, motion graphics are taking center stage in 2022 and the reason is clear – motion graphics animation captivates audiences. Regardless of what you are promoting – retail merchandise, a service, or music – if you want to grab viewers’ attention, you’ll want to learn more about motion graphics.
What is Motion Graphics?
Motion graphics (also known as motion graphics animation) is digital footage that is created to give the illusion of motion. In other words, it makes images appear to be moving. It is often combined with audio for multimedia projects such as cartoon shows or marketing ads.
Why are Motion Graphic Animations So Popular?
Motion graphics animations are entertaining and imaginative. They can be funny, informative, clever, or whatever else the animation designer wishes to create them to be. From whimsical characters to unforgettable storylines, motion graphics animation not only captures audience attention, but it also holds their interest too.
Motion graphic animation was invented in the 1800s when flipbooks were used to achieve the illusion of motion. Cutting-edge technology in modern times has made today’s graphic design capabilities nothing short of incredible.
Graphic design animation creatively combines animation integration with sound effects to generate the phenomenon of synesthesia where all the senses are subconsciously stimulated thus drawing the viewer in visually and emotionally.
Motion graphic designs are ideal for use on Facebook Reels, Facebook Ads, Spotify Canvas, website animations, email promotions, and animated logos.
The Art of Graphics Design
Graphics design, or motion graphics design, requires skill and creativity. Not everyone is cut out to do it. A seasoned motion graphics designer crafts animations that are mesmerizing. Animation productions can be as short as a few seconds or hours in length.
The majority have a message or story behind them that is told through actions, music, or through a script vocalized by characters or a narrator. One thing most all animation designers master is
Motion Graphics Animation and Marketing
In order for users to know you exist, marketing is a must. It’s common knowledge that “content is king” which makes for an overcrowded marketplace. Viewers get tired of ads plastered in front of them so they’ve gotten accustomed to skimming right past boring content and invasive advertisements.
But then…there are those adorable cartoons or intriguing motion graphics that jump off the page to tell a story or spread a message. Before a viewer realizes it, they are engaged in the animated illusion. And that is where it all begins.
What is it that you want to say? Do you have a product that solves a problem your viewer may can relate to? Are you offering a service you’re highly skilled at? Maybe your mission is to raise money for a charity that’s close to your heart or to spread a message of goodwill. Whatever it is, when you say it through motion graphics, you’ll quickly find that animations sell products, reel in new customers, and engage audiences. Animation design is an outstanding way to market your brand.
Hiring an Animation Designer
Sure, you can throw together your own motion graphics animation or get an amateur to attempt your project for next to nothing. But if you really want to wow your audience, hiring an expert animation designer is a priceless investment that can skyrocket your brand and take you to the next level.
What to Look for in an Animation Design Agency
If you are ready to hire an animation design agency to put the magic in your marketing, here are some characteristics to look for:
- With time in the business, a talented animation designer acquires more skills. They also learn through the years what works and what doesn’t. Although an expert will cost more, the end result will be well worth the investment.
- Feedback from past and present clients speaks loud and clear. A graphic designer may claim to be the best, but is he or she really? Reading reviews will help you make an informed decision.
- Check out some of the work an animation design agency has done and who their clients are or have been in the past. Not only will you get to see what the team is capable of, you will get ideas for your own project.
- Online presence. Not all who claim they are a motion graphics designer really are. Be sure to verify a strong, established online presence and check around for third-party mentions as well.
- When it comes to the art of motion graphics, having the knowledge to make graphics design and being able to create a magnificent experience through it are two different things. Hire a graphic design agency with a graphic designer or team of graphic designers who overflow with talent.
Before You Commit to an Animation Designer: Question and Answer Time
Once you’ve narrowed down a motions graphic designer you feel good about, it’s a good idea to ask a few questions just to confirm your decision. Here are some questions that will reveal a wealth of information about your prospective designer:
- How do you collaborate and who with? Do you have writers, audio specialists, technical artists, creative directors, and producers? Or do you work solo?
Collaboration is often an essential part of the motion graphics design process. Learning more about the details of collaborating surrounding the animation designer is quite helpful in projecting how well the project will go.
- What are you most proud of in your portfolio? Why?
Listening to an animation designer speak or write about his or her most prized creation is a good way to find out what degree of passion they have for their craft.
- How do you react to criticism of your motion graphics? Are you easily offended by it or are you approachable for suggestions of making a production better?
The way in which a motions graphic designer responds to criticism speaks volumes about what you have in store for you if you don’t care for the first round of the production. Artists are sometimes over-sensitive when it comes to their art but you deserve to be completely satisfied with the end results so finding out ahead of time is advised.
Animation Design in Motion
Now that you know, “What is animation?”, you are also more aware of why animation is the future in marketing. Motion graphics captivate on a visual and emotional level by mirroring true life experiences through stunning visual effect, powerful voiceovers, and music that matches the mood you wish to impart.
Animation gives you the upper edge by complimenting or replacing your written content to engage and involve your audience to call them to action and ultimately drive your desired results.