Luxury branding is becoming more and more popular as companies seek to market high-end products to an exclusive group of consumers. Knowing how to create a luxury design that successfully targets the right audience can be a challenge and if you miss the mark, your brand is in trouble.
What is Luxury Branding?
Luxury branding is typically implemented when marketing a line of products or a service that is exclusive those who have the wealth to afford the steep prices or who are at least willing to pay the expensive cost.
For items that are classified as luxurious, branding entails shaping the perceptions of the audience you wish to sell to. You will want to distinguish your brand and give it personality.
When dealing with luxury, you’ll also be dealing with those who gravitate to luxury and are used to having the best of everything because they can afford it. The niche group can be fussy. They can also be appreciative of elite presentations. There’s a fine line so brand and market wisely. This is when a professional luxury branding agency is extremely helpful. Hiring a team to tend to the things you aren’t experienced with is a smart investment.
Elements of Luxury Design
The name, logo, and identity of your luxury line must be properly represented in your design branding for it to be successful.
- Attention Grabbing. When creating your luxury design, you want it to stand out. But you certainly don’t want it to be gaudy. Having the right balance is imperative when dealing with the upper-end of customers you’ll be targeting.
- It can be tricky when trying to entice luxury target audience individuals to engage. The best way to approach it is to be “one of them” rather than being in awe of the potentially rich and famous group or desperate for their attention (and money). By relating to them, you are more likely to win them over.
- End Results. Whether you are wanting to sell a product, service, or idea, you’ll want to focus on driving end results that benefit your brand. By respectfully and skillfully paving the way, you’ll achieve your goal.
Identifying and Targeting Your Luxury Design Audience
A target audience is the viewers you wish to reach above all others. While having the world see your ads and content is nice, it’s not near as effective as choosing a specific sector to cater to.
Before going any further, you’ll want to do some analyzing. What age, gender, and income group do most of your shoppers fit into? If you aren’t sure, you’ll need to access information that provides you with the stats. Once you’ve done your research, you’ll know the details about your target audience and it’s time to put it into effect.
Marketing your luxury target audience is simple when you follow some simple steps as outlined below.
- Create Personas. A buyer persona is basically a customer avatar of sorts that you create to represent the audience you intend to target or would like to sell to. It is a blueprint for marketing and selling to customers. Everything you do should revolve around the persona such as asking if the content is geared to the specific personality, age group, and gender.
- Income Targeting. When it comes to luxury lines, income will play a big role in the equation. You are able to focus on certain income groups when using Google and Facebook Ads and other platforms that give you such options.
- Age Targeting. To reach those within a specified income bracket, often times age is a factor. Some upper-end merchandise is more popular among middle-aged women while others tend to sell best with men in their mid-twenties with no children. Facebook, Google, and other platforms allow you to pinpoint the ages you’d like for your viewers to be.
Creating a Luxury Design for Your Luxury Line
The branding design you choose for your luxury products should mirror the nature of it. If you sell sophisticated handbags, choose colors and fonts that represent the same look and feel. Use color schemes that are consistent with the brand’s identity. Gold and silver are known for being luxurious, high class colors but if you’re dealing with a luxury item that has more to do with power and money, such as a man’s wallet line, you might be more successful with green or blue.
The fonts you choose for your branding design are equally as important as the color scheme. Bold fonts represent power while fancy cursive fonts are classic symbols of more feminine lines.
The name of your business is ultra-important. A sophisticated product deserves a sophisticated name and tag line. A classy service or product should reflect classiness and so forth. Every aspect of your branding should be in keeping with the nature of your luxury line and you want to consistently keep that identity going across all platforms.
Tending Your Luxury Line
Once you’ve completed the luxury branding of your company and have identified your target audience, it’s time to market and to maintain the reputation you are building. Knowing and understanding your target customer is key.
It’s vital to determine what makes your audience tick. What turns them on…and off? How can you entice them? How can you embrace what is important to them? What should you avoid doing or saying? All these things are crucial to know so you can have a relationship with those who can make or break your livelihood.
When you implement the winning strategies discussed in this blog into your luxury branding, the sky is the limit.
Looking for a Luxury Design?
If you’re seeking to take your branding design to a luxury level, you’ll need a professional like the highly skilled luxury branding team at Mad Mind Studios. With years of experience, the talented creatives bring amazing skills to the table to ensure your luxury brand successful. Reach out today and see what we can do for you.