The CBD market is smoking hot with sales surging – expected to reach over $22 billion by the end of this year which is a CAGR of 132 percent and the totals are projected to rise steadily in the coming years. Not bad for entrepreneurs.
Behind every successful CBD business outstanding marketing so if you’re considering getting into the industry, you’ll want to take note of these seven tips for successful CBD branding.
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol, or CBD, is a natural compound that’s found in the resin of cannabis. CBD is known and appreciated for its medicinal qualities that are being discovered more and more each day. Contrary to what used to be common belief, CBD is not mood altering. It does not get the user high in other words.
The use of CBD dates back thousands of years. While CBD did suffer a bad reputation for many years, the stigma and laws against it are quickly fading. As it is being more widely accepted for its miraculous benefits, an increasing number of CBD products are being marketed.
Uses and Benefits of CBD
CBD now comes complete with scientific proof of many of its benefits including being a calming agent to decrease stress, lowering blood pressure, lowering blood sugar, aiding in chronic pain, helping with insomnia, reducing inflammation, decreasing or eliminating depression, and so much more.
CBD Marketing Challenges
There are issues that will pop up when selling CBD. The market is crowded now but will be saturated soon enough so it’s good to get a foothold in before it’s too late.
It’s not legal to sell CBD in ever part of the world yet so you’ll need to know where you can and can’t sell and where you can and can’t market your wares.
When marketing, don’t feel like you have to convince people that CBD is ok. Everyone deserves to have their own opinions about it and opinions often change over time. Go with a market that is already there and you won’t need to preach the goodness of the substance. Your targeted audience will already know. That’s not to say you can’t further instill how wonderful the properties are or market in positive ways. It just means don’t put yourself under pressure to prove CBD is noble.
It’s important to reiterate that CBD is not a mind-altering drug. It hs no psychoactive components so don’t present it as one. Stick to the properties it does have and you’ll be fine. There are many to work with.
Tips for Your CBD Business Branding Design
If you’re starting a CBD business, you’ll want to learn from those who have gone before you and also pay attention to what the experts are saying such as:
- Don’t shy away from the CBD aspect. Due to its once shady reputation, some CBD business owners are afraid to plaster CBD on the label to the point they practically hide it. Don’t! CBD is a miraculous substance that is just now getting recognized by the majority of the population. Be proud to be a card-carrying member of the movement. Embrace what you sell…bottom line.
- Be as innovative as possible. The CBD market is growing which means the competition is getting steeper too. That’s alright though as long as you have an upper edge. Implementing creativity is key. Think out of the box (or jar, bottle, or what have you) and cut through the noise. Be unique.
- Don’t skimp on your CBD branding. Investing in the best CBD branding possible will pay off in the long run. Be sure your brand has a strong identity that is reflected in the name, logo, label, and marketing. You’ll have scores of options when it comes to giving your CBD brand personality. It can be fun, medicinal, edgy, or anything else you can dream up. Play with the branding and be sure to hire a pro to help you out.
- Be in the know. You will want to be knowledgeable about CBD and any restrictions in advertising. There are some claims you aren’t allowed to make at the present time. Do your research and know for sure before you have your CBD product packaging made up.
- Know your people. Identify and market to your target audience. It is worth the time and effort to do the research required to determine the gender, age group, ethnicity, income status, and other demographics of those you intend to sell to. Consider what they like and don’t like in ever aspect of your marketing endeavors.
- Know your product. Research CBD inside out. Be able to answer any question that is thrown at you because chances are, some will be tossed your way. Even past the CBD aspect, be knowledgeable about every single ingredient your product contains. You’ll gain respect for doing so.
- Packaging matters. Be vigilant in choosing the best packaging for your product. Go with an expert with plenty of experience who knows the CBD market inside out. You want your package to jump off the shelf and into the consumers hands and with an outstanding product packaging agency, you’ll be able to achieve that.
- Social media. Some say that social media marketing has seen its days and don’t give credit to the current trend of advertising on various platforms like Facebook and Social media is alive and well. You’ll do well to remember that in your marketing plan.
Hiring a Pro
Are you looking for a professional branding design agency for your CBD business that can take your company to the next level? Give Mad Mind Studios a call. Our talented team of experts are experience in CBD branding design and know how to make your brand shine. Contact us today.